How Much Sleep You Need ?
Regular Sleep is necessary for good health. ভাল স্বাস্থ্যের জন্য নিয়মিত ঘুম প্রয়োজন. It also refreshes the mind and boost body energy. The amount of sleep you need depends on various reasons like age, activity level, health condition, gender, weather, but among of these reasons, sleep is the mainly depends on age. Below mentioned a guideline how much sleep need for different age groups.
How Much Sleep Do You Really Need For Your Age? – কোন বয়সে কতটা ঘুম প্রয়োজন :
Sleep Needs by Age Groups
Newborn to 2 months old
|12 – 18 hrs|
3 months to 11 Years old
|14 – 15 hrs|
1 to 3 years old
|12 – 14 hrs|
3 to 5 years old
|11 – 13 hrs|
5 to 12 years old
|10 – 11 hrs|
12 to 18 years old
|8.5 – 10 hrs|
|7.5 – 9 hrs|
The National Sleep Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at promoting healthy sleep and safety, says the amount of sleep a person needs is highly variable and that some people need more than others. Still, the new hour ranges for each age group recommend more hours for infants, kids and teens:
- Newborns (0-3 months ): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18)
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15)
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14)
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13)
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11)
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5)
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours (new age category)
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours (new age category)
To pave the way for better sleep, follow these simple yet effective healthy sleep tips including: – ঘুমের সমস্যা হলে : ভালো একটি ঘুম শরীর ও মনের ভালো থাকার জন্য খুবই প্রয়োজন।
- Stick to a sleep schedule , even on weekends.
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual .
- Exercise daily.
- Evaluate your bedroom to ensure ideal temperature, sound and light.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Beware of hidden sleep stealers , like alcohol and caffeine.
- Turn off electronics before bed.